A Bear Stole My Fishing Boat
Formerly - I Learned Kung Fu from a Bear Cub
A Collection of Extraordinary Travel and Outdoor Stories
Edited by Matt Jackson
ISBN 978-09734671-78, 220 Pages, Trade Paperback
Unbearably Funny Stories from the Road Less Traveled
What happens when your trip goes awry? When your travel plans go amiss? When your sandal-clad foot steps in the cow dung? Perhaps you too have watched with disbelief as your travel plans fell apart, and have been tempted to look up at the cosmos and cry, "Why me?" In this highly anticipated follow-up to Mugged by a Moose, join our posse of twenty-five travelers as they endure some of the weirdest, wackiest, and most comic moments of misadventure you are ever likely to read about.
NOTE: This title is available for purchase as an eBook from most online retailers, including Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Apple, and Smashwords.
- Learn from Jay Fitzsimmons what small Japanese school children have in common with Jurassic Park Velociraptors after he visits an Uwa-cho elementary school dressed as Santa Claus.
- Discover how one of Wayne Van Sickle's friends ended up traveling to Alaska with no toothbrush, wallet, passport … or pants.
- Join Matt Fidler and Scott MacDonald as they try to win a bet by hitchhiking to all fifty United States capitols in fifty days or less.
- Set sail with outdoor guide Marty Descoteaux and watch with disbelief as a bear hijacks his fishing boat.
- Learn from a desperate Matt Jackson why siphoning gasoline from a car is never a good idea, and what happens when it goes very, very wrong.
- Join disc jockey David Litvak on the Voice of Peace, a pirate radio station that broadcasts from an old ocean freighter off the coast of Israel.
- Tag along with a young couple from Florida for their honeymoon of a lifetime-several months of homesteading in the remote Alaska wilderness.
Read the Introduction
Read a Sample Chapter
< Back to the Bookstore